The recruitment of 2,500 teacher promised by the Governor Adegboyega Oyetola-led administration, to address the dearth of teachers across the State, has officially commenced.
This was revealed through a vacancy declaration signed today by the Permanent Secretary of the Osun State Ministry of Education, Mr. S. F. Olajide, who noted that the process is aimed at immediately recruiting teachers into Public Basic and Post-Basic Schools in the State.
1. The disciplines for which applications are invited are:
* English Language,
* Science, Humanities and Social Sciences.
2. Applicants are required to possess:
* WASSCE/NECO, SSCE/NABTEB/Teachers’ Certificate Grade II (not more than two sittings);
* Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE);
* Degree in Education with relevant teaching subjects or Basic Degree with PGDE, or HND with PGDE;
* Teacher’s Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) will be an added advantage;
* Any other additional relevant qualifications.
Waiver could be given to core Science subjects for Candidates pursuing postgraduate diploma in Education.
4. In addition to the requirements, prospective Candidates are expected to have:
* A recent passport photograph,
* A functional mobile phone line,
* A functional email address,
* Attestation from local government of origin,
* Birth certificate or a declaration of age from Court,
* Attestation from two Referees one of which must be from the Higher Institution attendee,
* A good identification – either national identity card, voter’s card, international passport or national driver’s license.
4. Interested Candidates are to register online through osun.csm.ng after a login pin has been purchased from the Ministry of Education, State Secretariat, Oshogbo.
5. Registration of Candidates closes in four weeks from the date of publication.
The commencement of the recruitment of teachers is one of the latest action points resulting from the data gathered during the Governor’s “Thank You Tour” and the report of the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development’s citizens needs assessment in the state of Osun